Once again the Municipality of Meaford, in conjunction with a group of volunteers, will be hosting various events around the Municipality during Earth Week.
This year the RE-Use & ECO-Fair will take place at the Meaford & St Vincent Community Centre on Saturday, April 29th from 10am to 2pm.
The Fair provides a very practical venue for promoting re-use & recycling─ A positive, up-beat way to support Moving Towards Zero Waste efforts in our community. Spring cleaning and donating reusable items; the perfect partnership.
The RE-Use portion of the RE-Use & ECO-Fair is one key way the community contributes to waste reduction. The RE-Use station receives unwanted but reusable goods. The goods then are passed along to groups that request them in advance via their Wish list. Over the past 3 year’s almost three tons of goods changed hands.
The list of items needed will be published in April, so please check back then!
What Is A Wishlist & How Is It Connected To The RE-Use & ECO-Fair?
- The Wishlist Form is the vehicle where by groups, churches, schools and budding entrepreneurs request needed, reusable items for their organization.
- There is no cost attached to submitting a Wishlist Form on behalf of your group.
- There is always a deadline for receipt of the completed Wishlist Form.
Time is needed for public advertising of the Master Wishlist before the day of the RE-Use & ECO-Fair.
The published Master Wishlist does not have the names of the groups on it.
- The RE-Use & ECO-Fair is where the exchange of stuff happens. The donated items that are dropped off are sorted and boxed by volunteers for the groups requesting the useable stuff.
- Why is the Wishlist event connected specifically to the RE-Use & ECO-Fair?
Eco-Fair Looking for Vendors
At the ECO portion of the Re-Use and Eco Fair, the municipality would like to feature local earth-friendly vendors who’s business upcycles or repurposes items from one once useful life into another, or has other eco-friendly practices.
It is a great way to showcase your business and reach out to other eco-minded residents who are working towards a cleaner environment.
There is a $10 application fee to hold your spot for the Fair. Reserve your space as soon as possible. The application deadline is April 3, 2017. Space will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
If you have any questions please contact:
Earth Week Organizing Team Participant
For more information on the Re-Use and Eco Fair, contact us at 519-538-1060 ext 1200, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.